Anyone craving authentic, fine Mexican food should be able to quench the craving with a trip to Tu y Yo. Everything from the décor to the music is sincerely Mexican, and the menu doesn't include the "typical" Mexican foods American's enjoy, such as salsa and nachos, but rather 100% authentic Mexican recipes from family members.
Owner Epigmeno Guzman aims to give the city a taste of real Mexican cuisine, and does so with each homemade dish from tender mini tamales to chicken in chile poblano sauce. And Guzman gives credit to his inspirations. Each item is listed with not only the description of the meal, but also with the name of the family member who created it.
In addition to dinner, breakfast/brunch is also served on weekends. Cactus juice with your huevos rancheros, anyone?
- Hours: Mon-Thu, 5pm - 10pm; Fri, 4pm - 10pm; Sat - Sun, 10am - 9pm
- Handicap Accessible: The entrance is level with the street.
- Payments accepted: Cash, MasterCard, Visa
- Food & dining options: Vegetarian
- General services: Eat-in
- Specialties: Homemade Mexican meals.
- ATM: No
- Parking: On-street: metered
- Cuisine: Mexican, Seafood, Vegetarian/Vegan
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: Each dish is a unique family recipe.
- Price level: $$
- Features: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Group-friendly, Kids' Menu
- Atmosphere: Fun
- Dress code: Casual