The Dutch Bicycle Company
Dutch Bicycle is not your average bike shop. Here, they specialize in high-quality custom designed and locally built alternative energy equipment from bicycles, to tricycles and trailers. Owner Dan Sorger says the work they do can be broken down into three parts: design and engineering, bike repair and restoration and new and used bike sales. Prices here are all over the map, with top custom models running from $10,000 to consignment bikes for as low as $150.
Dutch Bicycle also strives to provide customers with reliable, well-crafted bikes that take into account the specific needs of the customer, with special consideration for local bikers, who face the hilly terrain of the surrounding cities and the wet climate.
- Hours: Mon, closed; Tue, Sat, 10am - 5pm; Wed - Fri, 10am - 7pm; Sun, noon - 4pm
- Handicap Accessible: Entrance is level with street
- Founding Date: Jan 01 2008
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Custom-made bicycles and accessories, cargo bikes and trikes, bicycle repair and restoration, short and long term bicycle storage, bicycle assembly, bicycle loans
- Services: Classes, Delivery, Gift certificates, Gift wrapping, Repair, Shipping
- Return policy: 30-day money back guarantee, life-time warranty on some models
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: Yes
- Parking: On-street: metered
- Private events: Yes
- What would you say is the most popular sport in town?: "Neighboring Cambridge is the number one biking city on the East Coast."