The Broken Yolk
Established in 2003, this family-owned diner with a comforting mom-and-pop vibe specializes in quick, quality breakfasts and brunch. Located in Powderhouse Circle, this tiny restaurant is constantly buzzing with hungry guests--including droves of Tuft's students drawn by the massive portions and modest prices. Customers place their orders at the counter and then can either take a seat at one of the cheerful yellow tables inside, the few sidewalk tables outside or opt for take-out.
The menu packs in a multitude of breakfast options, including breakfast sandwiches, pancakes and the ever popular home fries. Also available is a wide selection of coffee in flavors ranging from French Vanilla to Coconut. A lunch menu is also available, with sandwiches and burgers.
- Hours: Breakfast/Lunch: Mon - Sun, 7am - 3pm. Dinner: Fri - Sun, 5pm - 10pm
- Payments accepted: Cash
- Food & dining options: Vegetarian
- General services: Eat-in
- Specialties: Breakfast sandwiches, home fries, lunch sandwiches
- ATM: No
- Parking: On-street: metered
- Private events: No
- Cuisine: American, Diner
- Price level: $
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Features: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch
- Dress code: Casual