Activities: 617-666-0296; Maintenance: 617-625-6600, ext. 5200
Built on the site of the former Morse Elementary School, this expansive "playground" doesn't have the usual jungle gym and swings for little kids. Rather it offers a number of basketball courts, a gazebo for hanging out in the shade and plenty of blacktop space for kickball, four square and the like. Bright colors and bold designs on the blacktop make for an appealing space.
In 1869 the Morse School house was built on this site and named for then School Board member Eroch R. Morse. The park is named for him and also for Charles C. Kelley, former Superintendent of the Somerville Recreation Commisssion.
- Hours: Daily, 8am - 10pm
- Handicap Accessible: Partially accessible. Stairs lead to gazebo area.
- Parking: On-street: free
- Facilities (playgrounds): Benches
- Restrictions: No pets
- Facilities: Basketball courts