Mayor’s Office of Strategic Planning and Community Development (OSPCD)
617 625-6600 ex. 2500
Name any development, economic initiative or city improvement project, and the Mayor's Office of Strategic Planning and Community Development (OSPCD) is sure to be involved in it. The Green Line Extension, Assembly Square and Shape Up Somerville are just a few of the initiatives and programs they play a central role in. In short, the over five dozen full- and part-time City employees who work in OSPCD's seven divisions are continually working to improve our City. The Department's divisions include:
- Director's Office/Finance and Administration: They run the show, develop long-range plans for the city, plan the budget and oversee major projects.
- Economic Development Division
- Housing Division
- Inspectional Services Division
- Planning and Zoning
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Parks and Open Space
- Hours: Mon - Wed 8:30am - 4:30pm; Thu 8:30am - 7:30pm; Fri 8:30am - 12:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: Ramp at entrance; elevator inside.
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Public restrooms: Yes