Glen Park & Community Garden
Activities: 617-666-0296; Maintenance: 617-625-6600, ext. 5200; Garden plots: 617-201-1680
Swings, slides and all manner of climbing fun await at this well-planned park, which also offers plenty of black-top space, two soccer fields, a basketball court and shaded seating.
The playground sets an example for thoughtful planning. It's designed to make independent play easy for children in wheelchairs. The jungle gym area leaves wide open paths for easy access and transfer, and one picnic table also leave space for a wheelchair to scoot up.
The park sits between the Capuano Early Childhood Education Center and the Glen Community Garden.
- Hours: Daily, 8am - 10pm
- Handicap Accessible: Entrance and play area are accessible.
- Parking: On-street: free
- Features: Athletic fields, Benches, Picnic tables, Playgrounds
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No fires, No pets
- Features: Jungle gym, Swings
- Facilities: Basketball courts, Football/soccer/lacrosse fields
- Facility types: Outdoor