Since opening its doors in May 1999, this café has become a Davis Square neighborhood staple. With photo booths, pool tables and a motorcycle above the entrance, Diesel is not your typical coffee shop. A chalkboard above the registers displays a large sandwich selection, along with gluten-free and vegan offerings. Seasonal items feature New England produce.
Floor-to-ceiling windows in the front of the café open up to the sidewalk in the warmer seasons. Large tables in the back are well-suited for groups. Customers may call ahead to reserve a table as long as they are prepared to spend $5 per person on food and drinks.
Diesel Café was awarded the title of "Green Business of the Year" by the Somerville Chamber of Commerce in 2009.
- Hours: Mon-Fri, 6am-11pm; Sat, Sun, 7am-11pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: May 01 1999
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Coffee and espresso drinks, tea, juice, lemonade, breakfast items, hot and cold sandwiches, soups, salads
- Food & dining options: Gluten-free, Low calorie, Natural, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Eat-in
- Specialties: Intelligentsia coffee
- ATM: No
- Parking: On-street: metered
- Private events: No
- Cuisine: Sandwiches
- Price level: $
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Features: Breakfast, Catering, Group-friendly, Lunch
- Atmosphere: Late-night