Community Action Agency of Somerville (CAAS)
617-623-7370; TTY: 617-628-6387
The Community Action Agency of Somerville, or CAAS, works to fight poverty through its Advocacy and Head Start programs. CAAS provides services ranging from eviction prevention and tenant rights and gender discrimination counseling to medical-legal advocacy, public benefit access and case management. CAAS also serves over 350 children in Cambridge and Somerville, ages three to five, and their families, with its Head Start Program, offering health, education, nutritional and social services.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm; Sat - Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Chair lift on side and access via the back parking lot; elevator in building.
- Founding Date: January 01, 1981
- What makes this community special?: Somerville has a culture of cooperation that's unlike other places.
- Parking: On-street: metered
- Scope: Local
- Type: Child welfare, Health and Disability, Homelessness and housing, Hunger, Literacy/education