Cantina La Mexicana
Cantina La Mexicana has been in business in Union Square for a decade and a half. The restaurant's vibrantly colored walls, arched passageways, skylights and large windows accent the dark wooden bar and tables while cultural touches like a sparkly and colorful Virgin Mary add charm.
Cantina's owner, Roberto Rendon is proud to offer 100 percent authentic Mexican cuisine and will willingly work with customers to accommodate the needs of a party or small group.
Cantina La Mexicana is also a two-time recipient of Boston's Best Burrito, and Boston's Most Affordable Mexican Restaurant; hosts karaoke on Thursday nights and often features live music.
- Fax: 617-776-0243
- Hours: Sun - Wed, 11am - 11pm; Thu - Sat, 11am - midnight
- Handicap Accessible: Entrance is level with street
- Founding Date: Jan 01 1995
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Diner's Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Food & dining options: Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Menu link: www.lataqueria.us/Cantina_La_Mexicana/Menus.html
- Specialties: Burritos, quesadillas, enchiladas, chile relleno
- ATM: No
- Parking: On-street: metered
- Private events: Yes
- Cuisine: Mexican
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: Skirt steak
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Accepted
- Features: Catering, Dancing, Dinner, Group-friendly, Live Entertainment, Lunch, Private Parties
- Atmosphere: Bar Scene, Fun
- Dress code: Casual