Somerville Hospital/Cambridge Health Alliance
Located centrally on Highland Ave., Somerville Hospital offers 24-hour emergency care, as well as primary care for adults, women's health services and day surgery.
The hospital also operates The GI Center for the treatment of digestive disorders, The Eye Center for eye care ranging from vision tests to surgery, and The Memory Center for the assessment of memory loss.
The hospital is part of the Cambridge Health Alliance, which operates a network of primary-care centers, a community outreach program and three hospitals. All three hospitals, including Somerville, are teaching sites for Harvard Medical School programs.
- Hours: Daily, 24 hours
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Insurance accepted: Most major health insurance including Tufts, Blue Cross Blue Shield and Harvard Pilgrim. They also accept Medicare, Medicaid (MassHealth), several Commonwealth Care plans and Health Safety Net coverage.
- Appointments: Walk-in accepted
- Affiliations: Harvard Medical School, Harvard School of Public Health
- Financial assistance: Patients w/o insurance
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free, On-street: metered, Paid lot
- Specialties: Cardiology, Colon and rectal surgery, Dermatology, Emergency medicine, Family medicine, Internal medicine, Neurology, Obstetrics and gynecology, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Pathology, Pulmonology, Radiology, Surgery, Urology
- Primary care services: Yes
- Type: General
- Features: Cafeteria, Chapel, Gift/flower shop
- Departments: Gastroenterology, Intensive care unit, Internal medicine, OB/GYN, Pathology, Radiology, Surgery
- Helipad: No