Set up in a tiny dining car in Somerville since 1930, Buddy's is a greasy spoon for the record books. The menu is hand written in marker on a fleet of paper plates taped above the bar. Chipping paint and a scratchy TV only add to the environment of Americana on the walls and sizzling animal products on the single griddle. A massive percolator keeps the coffee black as tar all morning as regulars and newcomers alike take a seat on the 19 wobbly barstools and hunch over their plates, elbows on the counter, fork in hand.
- Hours: Mon - Sat, 5am - 2pm; Sun, 7am - 2pm
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: Jan 01 1930
- Payments accepted: Cash
- Products: Meatloaf, hotdog, eggs, French toast, pancakes, steak
- Food & dining options: Vegetarian
- General services: Eat-in, Phone orders, Prepared foods, Take-out
- Specialties: Corn beef hash
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free, On-street: metered
- Private events: No
- What makes this community special?: The community!
- Cuisine: American
- Signature dishes: Eggs, corn beef hash.
- Price level: $
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Number of tables: 19
- Features: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch
- Atmosphere: Fun
- Dress code: Casual