Located at 10 Tyler Street, Artisan's Asylum is a community driven, nonprofit artists workshop. Committed to "removing barriers to making things," the Asylum solicits skilled local artisans to teach classes and open studio hours are common. Courses cover a wide range of subjects from automotive wiring to silk-screening and sewing. It also maintains a fabulously detailed and illustrated website with the newest schedules and most recent photos.
- Hours: Check the website and Eventbrite (http://ArtisansAsylum.eventbrite.com) for the most up-to-date class schedules.
- Handicap Accessible: Windsor St. is accessible. Joy St. is not.
- Ticket information: Tickets for classes are available through Eventbrite.
- Buy tickets online [link]: ArtisansAsylum.eventbrite.com
- Student discounts: No
- Senior discounts: No
- Private parties: No
- Food/drink: No
- Alcohol served: No
- Coat/bag check: No
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Restrictions: No smoking
- What makes this community special?: We have a dedicated group of creative volunteers with a wide range of skills.
- Public/Private: Public
- Religious affiliation: None