It will feature a costume parade, chainsaw artists carving 100-pound pumpkins and Oktoberfest.
Here are some festival events and details:
- Costume parade: 12:30 p.m., starting at Bow Street
- Costume contests: children's contest at 2 p.m. at Conway Park; dog costume contest from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. at RiverDog; adult costume contest at 3 p.m. on Bow Street
- Oktoberfest: 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Machu Picchu, Sally O'Brien's and Bull McCabe's
- Oktoberfest Olympics: 4 p.m. on Bow Street
- 100-pound pumpkin carving by chainsaw artists
- Rock climbing wall
- Milk Row Cemetery tours
- Hay rides
- Live music
- Craft fair
- Children's activities
The street festival takes place from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m., rain or shine.
Somerville Avenue, from Washington Street to Lowell Street, will be closed to parking from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., and it will be closed to traffic from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Folks going to Market Basket or St. Anthony's Church should take Dane Street, accessed from Washington Street.
Bus routes 83 and 87 will be rerouted from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.