- Ed Wilkinson: A resident of Manchester, New Hampshire, Wilkinson has been a favored mainstay across the New England slam circuit for years. His combination of fresh perspective, unpredictably punk turns of phrase, and empathy have won over audiences up and down the East Coast.
- Omoizele “Oz” Okoawo: The senior member of the team and an integral member of the New England slam scene, Oz reached the individual finals of the National Poetry Slam in 2007 with the Lizard Lounge team, and he then competed with the Boston Poetry Slam Team on the finals stage in 2008.
- Jade Sylvan: Sylvan is an award-winning poet, songwriter and nonfiction writer. She is a regular player in the Encyclopedia Show: Somerville and her book, “Kissing Oscar Wilde,” will be released on Write Bloody in October of 2013. This is her first National Poetry Slam team.
- Nora Meiners: A graduate of Emerson College with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in creative writing, Meiners lives in Cambridge, Mass., where she is raising a four-year-old son as a single mom. This is her first time competing on a National Poetry Slam team.
- Sean Patrick Mulroy: Born and raised in Southern Virginia, Sean has slammed for teams from Hampshire College to New York City to Omaha, but returns to his home slam this year for the first time since 2009.
“The 2013 Boston Poetry Slam Team is a great mix of experienced veterans and talented rookies,” noted Boston Poetry SlamMaster Simone Beaubien, who is also serving as host city director for the 2013 National Poetry Slam. “Two of our team members together enjoy almost 20 years of national slamming, multiple finals stage appearances and a decade of coaching the craft. The remaining three are all prolific, hard-writing first-timers who have tremendous local support, but represent a total mystery to the rest of the nation. It's a group with incredible upside and it makes for a very intimidating home team.”
The Boston Poetry Slam team is available for individual or group bookings by contacting email@example.com. You can see more on all the competing teams at the 2013 National Poetry Slam here: http://nps2013.poetryslam.com/competition/competing-teams/.