By Megan Rozsa
Crazy about the Highlanders?
Patch is looking for bloggers for the fall sports season, whether it be at the youth, high school, college or professional level.
What does blogging for Patch entail? Not much, really.
- Blogging is quick, easy and free.
- You can blog as much or as little as you wish. No deadlines or requirements.
- All you have to do is enjoy sharing your voice!
With the new Patch platform, blogs are automatically featured front-and-center on the Somerville Patch homepage. As soon as you post, the community can join your discussion. How cool is that?
After your blog is live, feel free to promote it on your Facebook and Twitter account. We'll share your post with the community in our daily newsletter.
1. Go to the Somerville Patch homepage.
2. Click on "Join" on the upper right side of the page.
3. Follow the simple instructions to confirm your account.
4. Log in and click on your name in the upper right.
5. Click on "Edit Profile" on the right and add a photo and a brief bio
Second, here’s how to start a blog:
Once you’re logged in, go to the homepage.
1. On the homepage, scroll down to the "Who’s Blogging?" section, which is below "News & Blogs."
2. Click on the "Start blogging" button.
3. Add the name of your blog along with a brief description, and choose or upload a blog icon image.
4. Click on "Create your blog."
5. Now you can either "Write your first post," "Dress up your blog" or tell people about it.
6. Your blog will look best when you include a brief description and a photo along with the normal text. Remember to select "sports" as a category.
7. Click "Post Now," or if you're not ready to post, save it as a draft and come back to it later.
Patch bloggers are not paid and they own the content they produce. So if you're already blogging and want to share your work with Patch readers, too, let us know.