.

Thanksgiving House Fire Blamed on Faulty Flue

A single-family home near Davis Square suffered around $30,000 in damage after a fire on Thanksgiving.

Credit: Patch.com
Credit: Patch.com
Firefighters had to rip open a wall in a home near Davis Square on Thanksgiving to put out a fire that caused nearly $30,000 in damage, according to an email from Deputy Chief Charles Breen of the Somerville Fire Department.

According to the email, firefighters responded to 34 Day St. at about 7:31 p.m. and found smoke coming from the wall around the first-floor fireplace.

Fire was burning in the wall void, and it was likely caused by a faulty chimney flue, the email said.

Although fire-related damage was contained to the area around the fireplace, there was water damage to the basement, according to the email.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »