'Smoking Material' Caused Sunday Fire That Displaced 10

The two-alarm fire likely caused more than $100,000 in damage.

Credit: Patch.com
Credit: Patch.com
A Sunday morning fire that displaced 10 people from a Winter Hill home was caused by "careless disposal of smoking material," according to Deputy Chief Patrick Sullivan of the Somerville Fire Department.

Sullivan said the two-alarm fire likely caused more than $100,000 in damage.

The fire department responded to the three-family home at 68 Wheatland St. at 9:56 a.m., the deputy chief said.

He said the fire started on the third floor porch and spread inside the home.

None of the residents were hurt in the fire, but a few firefighters received minor injuries fighting the blaze, Sullivan said.

All residents in the building were displaced, he said.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »