.

Pearl Street Home Catches Fire over Weekend

The Saturday morning fire was likely caused by an electrical malfunction.

Firefighters put out a fire at 196 Pearl St. Saturday. Credit: Courtesy, Somerville Fire Department
Firefighters put out a fire at 196 Pearl St. Saturday. Credit: Courtesy, Somerville Fire Department
The Somerville Fire Department put out a fire at 196 Pearl St. Saturday morning, according to an email from Deputy Chief Charles Breen.

The fire, likely caused by an electrical malfunction, started in the ceiling of the first-floor bathroom, Breen said.

When firefighters arrived at the single-family home at around 6:55 a.m. they encountered smoke coming from the back of the house, he said. Firefighters pulled open the bathroom ceiling and a rear wall of the house to stop the flames from spreading.

No one was injured, but the fire caused about $50,000 worth of damage, mostly to the first floor of the home, according to Breen's email. 

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something