A house fire at 55R Lowell St. Thursday afternoon has displaced three residents, according to the Somerville Fire Department.
Firefighters responded to the fire at about 1:15 p.m. after a neighbor reported smoke coming from the two-story, single-family home.
Upon arrival, firefighters found that the fire had started in a first floor kitchen and spread through the ceiling and walls to the second floor and basement. It was later determined that an electrical problem caused the fire.
The damage was estimated at $100,000, according to the department.
Two firefighters suffered minor injuries at the scene. One had burns to his neck, the other a hand injury.