Join Beverage Director, Manny Gonzales, as Saloon celebrates the legendary Scottish poet Robert Burns’ birthday this January with whiskeys and flavor-filled cuisine from Burns’ homeland.
During the evening in Saloon’s downstairs dining space, settle in for a commemorative evening honoring Scotland’s pioneering poet while sampling several courses of Scottish whisky, or as the Scots say “water of life!” Manny will introduce each one and assist in distinguishing the flavors and notes. Scottish flavors influence each dish from Saloon Chef Derek Clough, accompanying and pairing perfectly with each round of whisky.
- 1st Coarse: Lediag 10 Year (Isle of Mull)
- Served with Lox and Scotch Eggs
- 2nd Coarse: Glen Rothes Alba (Speyside)
- Served with Scottish Meat Pie
- 3rd Coarse: Glenmorrangie Nector d’Or (Western Highlands)
- Served with Tipsy Trifle with Berries