Ward 2 includes S. Union Square, Somerville Ave. & Beacon St. areas, Lincoln Park, and Perry Park. Join Mayor Curtatone, Alderman Heuston and other city staff and officials to hear about the latest city and neighborhood initiatives and news, and to share your feedback, concerns and ideas. You might even meet a few neighbors too. Come early for the Meet-and-Greet with refreshments from 6:30 to 7 p.m.
Why should you come if you live in the area? Because this is your home and what the City does or doesn't do can impact your life every day -- from crime prevention and pothole repair to innovative service delivery to community events that make it feel good to live here. This is just an easy way to get informed -- and involved.Oh, and we're serving pizza and refreshments too.
WHAT WE'LL DISCUSS:
- How the City is working to reduce costs & increase efficiency/service
- Green Line Extension latest news (yes, there's news)
- The Union Square Revitalization plan
- Neighborhood crime and safety report
- Community Path Extension Update
- Rodent Control
- And more...
- Also throughout, Q&A with the Mayor and Ald. Heuston