Anyone who's driven through Magoun Square recently has noticed the road surface on Broadway and Medford Street has been milled down.
Some readers asked about the timeline of that roadwork project and other projects scheduled for this construction season.
Somerville Patch asked the city for a list of construction projects scheduled to take place this summer—specifically projects that would affect roads and traffic—and here's the list.
To begin with, the city said it undertakes smaller street and sidewalk revaping efforts as necessary, and it's still making the final list of those projects, which tend to be short-term affairs.
There are also some larger, longer-term projects scheduled for the this summer and fall, and here they are:
- Magoune Square: Milling has already taken place, and paving is tentatively scheduled to begin June 18.
- Walnut Street: Milling is tentatively scheduled for the week of June 25, and paving is tentatively scheduled for the week of July 2.
- : The city is planning a long-term, major overhaul of Lower Broadway. It's tentatively scheduled to begin on July 1.
- : Tentative start date is Aug. 1.
- Cross Street Bridge work: Tentatively scheduled to begin in October.
- Medford Street Overpass work: Tentatively scheduled to begin in October of November.