Heres a look at the week ahead in Somerville:
- On Monday at at 8:30pm, catch . Grab a pint or a cocktail, a few $1 hotdogs and enjoy the trivia. There are prizes to be had and honor to be defended.
- At the on Tuesday at 7:15pm, participate in the . Auditions not required and anyone can join. Practice mp3 files available and all voices welcome. There is a fall concert on 12/10 featuring Christmas Music from around the world and Britten’s Ceremony of Carols.
- At the on Wednesday at 7pm, check out the. Love a good page-turner or a who-done-it? Come this week and discuss Murder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie.
- At the on Thursday from 6:00pm–7:30pm check out . Prepare your palette for a one-of-a-kind Somervillian experience as you tour Union Square's multicultural markets. Learn where to find Nepalese Timur, squid ink pasta, and Haitian Akasan! Get ready to talk food, trade recipes, and expand your culinary expertise. Each tour visits three of the eight markets in Somerville.
- Finally, on Friday at at In a modern re-imagining set in the woods of New England, Theatre@First stages William Shakespeare’s classic comedy of exile, the nature of love, the foolishness of power and the wisdom of fools. Performers will include local community members as well veteran Burning Man artists and musicians. Burlesque elements are set to bring the spirit of the Playa to the Forest of Arden in Seven Hills Park as Shakespeare's pluckiest cross-dressing heroine flees for love and her life amid a collision of nature and technology.