Somerville is the best place to live in Boston, according to the Boston Phoenix's "Boston's Best Readers Poll 2012."
The results of the newspaper's readers poll were published in an April 13 issue of the paper.
In calling Somerville "best place to live," the Phoenix lists the , , , famers markets, the "'Ville hipster fever" that has spread to Union Square, the city's sizable apartments, the , music venues, the restaurant scene and access to highways as reasons Somerville is a "residential paradise."
Not only is Somerville the best place to live, according to Phoenix readers, it's also home to Boston's best square: Davis Square.
But there's more. The Phoenix (well, its readers), declared Somerville as home to a number of "best" things in Boston:
- Best bartender: Josh Banville at Radio
- Best non-gallery art space
- Best film festival: (which is organized by Somervillians and is centered at Somerville Theatre.)
- Best dance night: Videodrome Discothéque at Radio
- Best small rock venue: Radio
- Best brunch
- Best Barbecue:
- Best burrito: (with a location in Davis Square)
- Best Irish pub:
- "Best ice cream vs. froyo": (with location in Davis Square)
- "Best place to drip organic pizza toppings on your bowling shoes":
- Best tattoo parlor
- Best Wine/Liquor store:
- Best comic books shop:
- Best bike shop:
- "Best place to wake up and smell the cheese":