To celebrate the new year, we asked, "What business would you like to see open in Somerville in 2013?"
Here's what you said:
- Trader Joe's—Three of you want one, especially in the old Star Market and Johnnie's Foodmaster sites, which are now vacant.
- Olive Garden—"So many in Somerville really want this," said AHM.
- A holistic veterinarian—Nancy said, "With such an informed and progressive community (with lots of pets!), it would be nice to have a vet who offers a more holistic approach to nutrition and health."
- "Breakfast place in Magoun Square," Courtney O'Keefe wrote.
- "Red Sauce" Italian restaurant—Courtney P. Snyder commented that Union Square needs "the kind of place you can stroll to have pasta (or pizza) bottle Chianti and go home happy."
- "Cool shops, art galleries, fun pubs, small business & less chains"—Especially in Winter Hill, said Jennifer D.