Cavalia's Odysseo, a massive equestrian performance featuring 63 horses, opens in Somerville Wednesday.
It was in Montreal 16 days before, according to Normand Latourelle, artistic director of the show.
In those 16 days, crews have worked around the clock to set up the world's largest touring tent in Assembly Square. They've also set up stables, bathrooms, shops, technical grids and everything else that accompanies a touring show that travels with about 100 trucks.
"We're very happy to be in Somerville," Latourelle said Tuesday at a sneak peek of the show.
The show runs through at least Aug. 25, the artistic director said. It could stay in Boston longer depending on ticket sales, which Latourelle said were "booming."
Here are some videos about Odysseo:
- VIDEO: Inside the Stables at 'Odysseo': One of Odysseo's riders talks about caring for and training for the 63 horses who perform in the show.
- VIDEO: Quick Look: Scenes from Cavalia's 'Odysseo': This one-minute video doesn't fully capture what you'll see at Cavalia's Odysseo, but it gives a faint taste.
Those interested in seeing the show can visit Odysseo's website for information about tickets.
Also, check out some of our previous coverage of the show:
- PHOTOS: Building 'Odysseo'
- 'Odysseo's' Artistic Director Talks About the Colossal Show
- Crews Build the World's Largest Touring Tent in Somerville