1) City expecting massive voter turnout, asks for help
The city of Somerville thinks the number of people voting in this year's election may surpass the number of those who voted in 2008, which set a modern record. As such, the city is asking for a little help.
- It's seeking election day volunteers
- It's asking voters to study ballot questions before coming to the polls
- It's asking people to vote during off-peak hours, if possible
The city has posted more information here, including information about how to be a volunteer.
Also, check out Patch's election guide for more information about ballot questions. That way you can know how you plan to vote when you get to the polls.
2) Tufts Composers: November Buzz
From the listing: "Guest musicians Jennifer Ashe, soprano; Sarah Bob, piano; and Katherine Kayaian, cello, join Tufts Composers in a concert about nature and especially bees." It's at 8 p.m. at the Granoff Music Center at Tufts University.
3) Former Campbell Soup CEO to speak at Tufts
Also at Tufts, Doug Conant, the former CEO of Campbell Soup Company, will speak at 4:30 p.m. More here.
From the listing: "Students will train to develop strength, speed, endurance, precision, spatial awareness, dynamism, and creativity, in order to be as fluid, functional and liberated as possible in physical movement and to overcome physical obstacles" It's at 6 p.m. at 42 Prescott St.
Today should be sunny but somewhat wintery, with a high of 44.