Invite a friend
Vocalist Kemp Harris and Pianist Scotty Vercoe at Armory
The two will perform original compositions, vintage soul, pop and jazz, as well as selections from the Great American Songbook.
Kemp Harris has composed for WGBH and the Alvin Ailey dance company. Scotty Vercoe has composed silent film soundtracks for the National Film Preservation Foundation, according to The Ceneter for Arts at The Armory.
|Where||The Center for Arts at the Armory 191 Highland Ave, Somerville, MA 02143 (Cafe)|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||7:30 pm–10:00 pm|
|Who to bring||Everyone|
More About The Center for Arts at the Armory
In 2009, this nonprofit arts organization moved into the freshly renovated Armory Building on Highland Ave. Conceived as space that would "galvanize the creative spirit," they set up studio and live/work space for artists, as well as two galleries and two performance areas: a more intimate café and a larger hall. Concerts, film screenings and happenings like their fall Harvest Fest fill most of the performance calendar. Spoken word, theater and comedy can also be seen here.
Other events here
- JazzX with Matt Daniel Tomorrow, Jun 19, 7:00 pm–10:00 pm
- Playtime with Knucklebones Weekly on Thursdays, 10:00 am–11:00 am
- Roomful of Blues Thu, Jun 20, 7:30 pm–10:30 pm
- Five O'Clock Shadow (with special guests Fermata Town) Fri, Jun 21, 8:00 pm–10:30 pm
- Luminarium's Gala & Showcase Sun, Jun 23, 5:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Meatball Takedown Sun, Jun 30, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Rootbound: Celebrating the Life of English folk dance in North America Mon, Jul 15, 7:30 pm–11:30 pm