Invite a friend
Friends of the Library Benefit (And Wicked Raffle) At Flatbread/Sacco
Please join us for our Benefit Night at Flatbread Pizza (Flatbread Pizza Co., 45 Day St., Somerville) on Tuesday, October 9, 2012 starting at 5 p.m.
A portion of the money from each pizza sold during the benefit will go directly to support programming and events at the three Somerville Library branches. Eat-in or take out. There will also be a small curated book sale and a wicked raffle. Prizes include;
- 2013 Burton snowboard
- $100 in LLBean gift certificates
- Framed print from Union Press
- One-year membership to the Friends of the Somerville Public Library and our 24oz canvas book bag (huge and indestructible, made in Charlestown, MA - you want this...).
- Pounds of coffee from Entimos and Magpie Coffee Roasters
- Skate deck from RAW
- Helmet from Ace Wheelworks
- Plus gift certificates to local favorites; Somerville Theatre, Posto, The Painted Burro, Picture Renewal, Ball Square Fine Wines, Tags Hardware, Somerville Grooves, Redbones, Porter Square Books, and even Flatbread itself!
Please come along and speak to current board members and volunteers of the Friends, or why not sign up to volunteer for our upcoming book sale (Oct 26-28)?? Or simply enjoy some delicious pizza, books and raffle prizes while supporting your library.
Huge thank you to our volunteers and the businesses and individuals that have donated to the raffle.
The Friends of the Somerville Public Library is a not-for-profit organization that helps the library and its branches to provide programs, services and materials not covered by the library's normal operating budget. Learn more about the Friends through our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter (@Friends_SPL).
If you would like to become a member of the Friends, or volunteer to help with a book sale or other events, please contact the Friends by email at: FriendsSomervillePublicLibrary@gmail.com.
|Where||Flatbread Company at Sacco's Bowl Haven 45 Day St, Somerville, MA 02144|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||5:00 pm–11:00 pm|
|Who to bring||Everyone|
More About Flatbread Company at Sacco's Bowl Haven
Flatbread Company has ten wood-fired pizza spots in New England, but its Somerville location is the only one that also offers bowling while you eat. The restaurant/bowling alley caters to a diverse crowd, including those looking for a unique date night. It is also a popular destination for families with young children who have no problems handling the smaller, candlepin bowling balls. A bar serving beer and wine is available for the grown-ups.
All of Flatbread Company's delicious, organic pizzas are wood-fired and contain local ingredients. There are also lots of options for those with dietary needs, including gluten-free hard cider and desserts. Pizzas start at $7.50 and bowling costs $3 per person per game.
Other events here
- EAT PIZZA, DO GOOD!!! GREAT SUMMER EVENT IN SOMERVILLE! Tue, May 21, 5:00 pm–11:30 pm