The Week Ahead: A Few Movies and A Concert
A look at this week's events in Somerville.
Heres a look at the week ahead in Somerville:
- On Monday at the Somerville Public Library at 7:00pm, catch the Monday Night Movie. The free movie this week is 'Walkabout', where two city children become stranded in the Australian outback, and struggle to find their way back to civilization with the help of a friendly aborigine boy. A great family activity.
- On Tuesday, also at the Somerville Public Library at 7:00pm, take the kids to Sumer Book Group. Kids age 10 and older are invited to discuss The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan. One night, the brilliant Egyptologist Dr. Julius Kane brings his children Sadie and Carter to the British Museum, where he hopes to set things right for his fractured family. Instead, he unleashes the Egyptian god Set, who banishes him to oblivion and forces the children to flee for their lives! Snacks will be provided.
- On Wednesday from 12:00pm–6:00pm, grab some goodies at the Davis Square Farmers Market. Its the perfect opportunity to pick up a truckload of locally produced fruits and veggies and stock up on artisan rarities like chocolates and sauces.
- At Seven Hills Park, at 8:30pm take the family to SomerMovie Fest. This weekly, free, community driven movie night is a great event for kids and couples. This week, its a viewers choice movie, so get ready for a surprise!
- Finally, on Friday at The Center for Arts at the Armory, from 7:30pm–10:30pm don't miss the Red Car Acoustic Sessions. Featured artists include Danielle Doyle, James McAndrew (Milquetoast), Jade Sylvan, Speaker For The Dead and Matt York (Wide Iris). Tickets are $7.