The Best Places for a Romantic Dinner in Somerville
Lil’ Vinny’s tops the list of reader picks for every mood.
For this week’s Patch Picks, we asked for your tips on where to go for a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner in Somerville--and you delivered like a pack of helpful, arrow-shooting cupids.
Lil’ Vinny’s has a clear following for its great, classic Italian cooking and vibe. Suggestions also came in for everything from a gourmand’s treat for the senses at Journeyman or Bergamot or a candlelight meal at Gargoyle’s or Sabur to a fun, easygoing romantic night at Mike’s over hearty food and cheap beer.
So whether you can still snag a table for Valentine’s Day or if you just want to pocket these tips for another night out, here’s where other Somervillian’s suggest you go to amp up the romance:
- Lil’ Vinny’s Ristorante has the food, the vibe, and the most votes.
- “Mikes! What could be more romantic, Somerville-style?” said Melissa McWhinney.
- Bergamot, and
- Journeyman, all got votes from fans of fine food.
- Gargoyles was dubbed THE spot for romance.
- And finally, save this one for summer: Matthew McLaughlin, said, “Have a picnic and go to Prospect Hill. Of course, this isn't a good idea in February...”