How to Get Your Sports Team Featured on Patch
Here are several ways you can make sure your sports teams are highlighted on Somerville Patch.
Fall sports are kicking into high gear, and Somerville Patch wants to help you share every exciting moment with the community.
We are looking for athletes, coaches, parents, and fans who are ready, willing and able to share their team spirit on Patch. News about any team—high school, middle school, recreational teams, etc.—is welcome!
Here's how you can share news about your sports team:
1. Start a blog about your sports team: Share stats, recaps, photos and/or videos from the game in your own sports blog. Discuss the team, coaches and players with other fans in the community.
2. Upload pictures and video of your team to our gallery: Snap an awesome photo at the game? Catch the winning touchdown on video? Upload it to our community photo gallery.
3. Announce your team's wins, awards, fundraisers, highlights, and more: Did one of your favorite players get named as player of the week? Post an announcement. Have an upcoming fundraiser? Let the community know. Be sure to add a photo if you want your announcement featured on the home page!
4. Place events, such as fundraisers, special competitions, etc., on the calendar: Want to get more fans in the stands? Be sure to let everyone know where and when your next game is taking place by posting it on our events calendar. This is also a great place to let the community know where and when other team events are taking place.
5. Connect with Somerville Patch on Twitter and Facebook: If you have a team Facebook or Twitter account, be sure to tag us in your posts and tweets so that we can help spread the word. You can follow Somerville Patch on Twitter by clicking here. Or, follow us on our Somerville Patch Facebook page here.
6. Email the editor: When you post something, feel free let us know so we can highlight it on Somerville Patch. You can email the editor at email@example.com.
We look forward to learning more about your favorite sports team!