GET OUT: Chocolate Tasting and Futuristic Art
Football's not the only reason to go out this weekend!
It's already Thursday and you still don't have weekend plans? Patch has you covered.
Check out our weekly selection of events going on this weekend around town and nearby, plus tips on where to eat, shop and socialize so that you'll be sure to have excellent stories for your coworkers on Monday.
- Where/When: Tufts University Granoff Music Center | Friday, Feb. 4, 8 p.m.
- Why Go: Performance faculty member Charles Blandy, along with Linda Osborn-Blaschke, piano, and Katherine Growdon, mezzo-soprano, will serenade you about a young boy who runs away from home to be with his love.
- Pricing: Free
- Where/When: The Nave Gallery | Saturday, Feb. 5, 1-9 p.m.; Sunday, Feb. 6, 1-5 p.m.; Opening Reception Saturday, Feb. 5, 6 p.m.
- Why Go: Check out fellow Somerville residents' predictions about the future, collected and compiled into art. Make your own predictions. Discuss whether or not Godzilla will really invade Davis Square in 2053.
- Pricing: Free
- Where/When: Johnny D's Uptown | Saturday, Feb. 5, 10 p.m.
- Why Go: Groove is one of the best things to get your Saturday night moving.
- Pricing: $12 Cover
- Where/When: Bull McCabe’s | Saturday, Feb. 5, 6-9:30 p.m.
- Why Go: Live music with Irish influence and good burgers.
- Pricing: No cover, and check out the daily specials.
- Where/When: Taza Chocolate | Fridays 4 p.m.; Saturdays 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.; Sundays, 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Why Go: Free samples and gourmet chocolate tasting, plus learn how Taza makes its chocolate eco-friendly, uses Direct Trade, and ensures delicious results. Did we mention free samples?
- Pricing: $5