Five Things You Need to Know Today: Musicians Wanted, Feed Your Inner Belgian, and More News for Today
The Winter Farmers Market is looking for musicians; it’s Mussels and Belgian beer night at Orleans, and more.
Today is Tuesday Jan. 4.
- Musicians wanted for Winter Farmers Market: Want to help set the mood at the new Somerville Winter Farmers Market? Performers are sought to play at the indoor market, which will be held on Saturdays. You'll be donating your time, but with the high interest in this market, it may be a good way to build your audience. Details here.
- The Craigie Bridge will close to inbound traffic, again: Please take note that the Craigie Drawbridge will close to Boston-bound traffic for roughly 12 weeks starting on Saturday, Jan. 8. Somerville residents are urged to seek alternate routes into Boston. Read about the Craigie project in our fall story here.
- Help the library turn a new page: The library wants to hear from you. Take the quick 10-question survey on the library website to voice your opinion on how to improve library services, collections and facilities.
- It's beer and mussels night at Orleans: Feeling Belgian today? Then head to Orleans. Every Tuesday the kitchen at Orleans whips up three steamed mussel specials (usually $12.95) and serves them with a choice of Belgian beers. Add a side of frites and you're halfway to Brussels. Restaurant info here.
- Improve your public speaking: Toastmasters has finally come to Somerville. Since 1924, this nonprofit has taught public speaking skills through local workshops throughout the country. The Somerville Toastmasters started this fall. They meet on Tuesday nights at 7 p.m. at 6 William St. For more info, please see out Events calendar by clicking here.
- Looking for more things to do in Somerville? Be sure to check our Events calendar for a full list of happenings for every day of the week. To start browsing, please click here.