Five Things: North Street Playground, National HIV Testing Day
Also, making small streets more community friendly and some Zulu vibes at Somerville Theatre.
1) North Street Playground meeting
Discuss the final design of the North Street Playground. The meeting takes place in the Clarendon Housing Community Room, 268 Rear Powderhouse Blvd., section B#15 at 7 p.m
3) Neighbor-Way bike project presentation
There's a presentation tonight by Tom Bertulis about building design elements into smaller streets to make them places where kids can play and people can gather. The presentation is part of Bertulis' final project with the Tufts Urban Transportation Planning class. It takes place at 6:30 p.m. at the Visiting Nurse Association on Lowell Street. Here's some more information on Ward5Online.
4) HIV and STD Testing Day
Today is National HIV and STD Testing Day, part of the fist ever National HIV Awareness Month. People are encouraged get tested, and here are some places to do that in Somerville:
- Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts, 260 Elm St. Suite 109. Visit Planned Parenthood to learn more
- Cambridge Health Alliance at Somerville Hospital, 236 Highland Ave.
- Cambridge Health Alliance Broadway Health Center, 300 Broadway
5) Weather and Red Sox
The Red Sox play the Blue Jays today at 1:35 p.m. Today will be mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and highs in the upper 70s.