Correction: This article previously said one of the development partners was Denver's Sage Hospitality. In fact, it is Sage Management Corporation, with offices in Brookline. The correction has been made below.
Five development groups have put in bids to build a hotel in Davis Square, according to the Boston Herald.
Proposals were due Feb. 4, and the Herald reports the following groups submitted proposals to the city:
- Davis Square Hotel Partners, a partnership between Waltham's Park Lodge Hotel Group and Sage Management Corporation
- Gate Residential and KSS Realty Partners, the folks behind Maxwell's Green here in Somerville
- Fandetti/Proch-Wilson Partners, including the family who started The Kendall Hotel in an old Cambridge firehouse
- A partnership that includes Oto Development, a hotel development and management firm that has partnerships with Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott and Sheraton hotels.
- A partnership with Saracen Properties, Transit Realty Advisors, Pyramid Hotel Group and CBT Architects
The Herald said the Somerville Board of Aldermen could vote on a hotel developer at the end of June.
The hotel would be built at the site of the Herbert and Day streets parking lot, where the Davis Square Farmers Market takes place.