After School Club sign-up, Argenziano's new Assistant Principal and a Chat Opp with the Mayor
Plus two great events in town tonight!
It’s Friday, March 25. Here are five things you ought to know today.
1. Saint Patty’s Day has come and gone, but Imagine Ireland: Culture Ireland’s Year of Irish Arts in America is just underway. The Irish Film Festival, which began last night at the Stuart Playhouse, continues tonight and through the weekend at the Somerville Theater (which, frankly, we think is a much better choice). The festival has also played host to some of the greatest names in Irish cinema, including Jim Sheridan, Gabriel Byrne, Brendan Gleeson, Colm Meaney, Fionnula Flannagan, John Boorman, and Aidan Quinn. For the nitty gritty details, head over to www.irishfilmfestival.com
2. We can’t say enough about this year’s Greening Gala event at the Armory tonight from 7:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. Expect music by local musicians (Go-Flo Casuals, the Soulful Souls and the Tony the Bookie Orchestra), two different silent art auctions highlighting local artists, raffles, a MILKSHAKE bar, organic wine, local beer (Pretty Things, Cambridge Brewing Company), interactive graffiti art and plenty more. This benefit supports Groundwork Somerville’s amazing programming. Price: $40 general admission and $55 VIP… worth every penny.
3. Today is the last day of sign-up week for your kids to attend any Session 3 After School Clubs at Somerville Schools. Anyone still needing to register please stop by the office of Courtney Vivian, After School Officer at the Edgerly School between 10am-6pm today pick up or drop off a registration form and find out if you qualify for financial assistance. Call 617-625-6600 x6525 or email email@example.com for further info.
4. If you didn’t hear already, Mr. Jim Elliott accepted the Assistant Principal position at the Argenziano School beginning the first of July. Currently Mr. Elliott serves as Assistant Principal at the John F. Kennedy Elementary School on Cherry Street. He will replace Betsey Holland who is retiring.
5. Got something you’re itching to say to the Mayor? Your number’s coming up on Tuesday (save the date!). Mayor Curtatone invites you all to join him for Community Office Hours this coming Tuesday, March 29, from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. at True Grounds in Ball Square. The Mayor will respond to questions and discuss new projects. All are welcome, but time may be limited depending on the turnout. For more information, please call 617-625-6600 x2100, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .