Artists: Submit Your Fiber-based Art to The Nave Gallery
This announcement originally appeared in the Somerville Arts Council's newsletter and was written by Tori Costa:
*From grass to bamboo to wool and silk, and yes, even to plastic, fiber is an essential part of our lives, keeping us clothed, warm, holding our food, and decorating our homes.
*Threads Bared *is an exploration of the tactile wonder of fiber. Using traditional and non-traditional methods and materials, fiber artists will unravel, piece together, and bare the very threads that make up our lives. Playful, patterned, colorful, and flat-out crazy, all themes will be
considered, and experimental pieces are highly encouraged.
*Threads Bared* is part of *The Wrap Around Project*, and will be held in conjunction with *Wrap Around*, a sale of handmade knitted, crocheted, and sewn goods to benefit the Somerville Homeless Coalition.
Fiber artists working in all 2-D and 3-D media (including video and installation) are invited to submit work.
*Applicants must submit:*
- Up to four (4) images of work submitted jpeg files on a CD-Rom (300 dpi).
- An image list including title, dimension, materials and process used for each work submitted. Please label each file (artistname)(title).jpeg.
- A short statement describing the work.
- Telephone and e-mail contact information.
- A current artist’s CV.
- $15 entry fee payable to The Nave Gallery (NOT refundable).
- SASE with adequate postage for return of materials.
Mail entries to:
The Nave Gallery
Attn: Tori Costa
155 Powderhouse Blvd.
Somerville, MA 02144
*August 17, 2012 * Entries Due
*September 15, 2012* Notification of Acceptance
*Nov 2-4, 2012* Delivery of artwork
*Nov10-Dec 16, 2012 * Exhibition will be on display
*TBD * Opening Reception
*Dec 22-31, 2012 * Return of Artwork