Armory Looking for People to Produce Events
From the organizer, Debra McLaughlin:
Arts at the Armory is looking for creative individuals to create, produce and manage arts, cultural and community events that will take place from January 2012 to December 2012.
We seek producers who will develop these events around a certain theme but we are also seeking producers who are interested in film, food, corporate training sessions and retreats, retreat planning, lecture series, afterschool classes, and dance.
Don’t see anything that fuels your artistic passion? Give us a proposal anyway! Working with the Arts at the Armory, producers will be responsible for:selecting a theme, lining up talent, creating a budget, planning and managing the event, and helping promote the event. Themes can be broad or specific, ranging from dance and performance art to film and multimedia work.
Arts at the Armory is an amazing venue in a city dedicated to the arts. We are interesting in developing
collaborative relationships that will showcase both.
How to Apply:
Please provide the following information on no more than two pages: Postmark Deadline: May 7
1. Contact info: e-mail and snail mail addresses, phone, fax and Web site (if applicable).
2. Describe your theme.
3. List some or all of acts/talent you would like to include; describe talent and how it supports your theme.
4. Tell us what day and time frame would be ideal for your event.
5. Outline schedule for your event (which act goes one first, second, etc.).
6. List technical requirements (stage, sound, lighting, etc.).
7. Somerville affiliation (if any)
8. Please describe your experience in producing previous arts, cultural or community events. Also, include support materials; i.e.,
photos, CDs, press clip pings, resume(s), etc. Include a self-addressed stamped envelope if you’d like your support materials
returned to you.
Please respond by e-mail on Monday, November 14, 2011 to Debra McLaughlin at
firstname.lastname@example.org, if you are interested. Thanks!